AVIC411.com

Opening screen requires restsart

My unit is installed in an 08 GMC sierra 2500 HD. This may be a previously answered question, but there are some really knolwdgeable folks here. I have had some problems with my installer, which is where I suspect the problem is, but after showing him how to do the bypass, which we did, finally, my screen comes up with the warning about driving and adjusting Navi settings, but the OK button does not work. I have to shut off my pickup, open the door, then start it up again.

My steering wheel controls also don't work, and we worked on that yesterday when we had the unit out, and they worked fine. What to do, what to do. Thanks in advance.

Find another installer. If your having bypass problems it means its not done correctly or the installer damaged your unit trying to do it the wrong way. Same goes for steering wheel controls. A competent installer will have no problems getting things to work as they should.

Thanks for the response VBLUE42. I really love the unit, I'll just be glad when it all works right. I can't stress enough the value of finding a good, reputable installer the first time. I had researched the company properly, and had lots of good references, however the guy was not used to the z series, and obviously screwed the pooch here. Thanks again for not just mine but all of your contributions here.