AVIC411.com

a few z110bt questions

Hello,

upgraded from the z2 to the z110 today....... amazing unit!

I have a few questions for the gurus.............

1. I have a Blackberry 9700 (bold2) and it pairs fine with the z110 and downloads contacts etc, but will not play bluetooth audio. when connecting to the unit, it says headset connected but stereo not........what am I doing wrong?

2. i pluged in a sony 16gb usb stick and nothing, the usb icon won't even light up. Is there a setting i'm missing?

Thanks

Does the USB drive have any compatable audio or video files one it? Is it formatted FAT or FAT32? If not, it will probably not appear as a source unless critera are met (at least that's how it is for SD).

When I put an SD card just with AVIC feeds info, the SD icon is dimmed, but I can still access AVIC Feeds, save gas info, etc. If I insert the same card with at least one compatable audio or video file on it, then the SD card appears as a source. So I assume the same's true for USB.

When I put an SD card just with AVIC feeds info, the SD icon is dimmed, but I can still access AVIC Feeds, save gas info, etc.

How are you able to browse AVIC FEEDS POI's if the AVIC FEEDS app icon on the unit is greyed out.

AVIC Feeds and SD are two different Icons. The AVIC Feeds Icon is available in the "Destination" menu and a few others (via the favorites menu is one). The SD Card icon (where it appears as a picture of an SD Card and not as an AVIC Feeds Icon) is only available via the Sources menu. If you have an SD card inserted without any compatable media in it, it will not appear as a selectable source in the sources menu, or when scrolling through the sources. It will, however, still be available via the AVIC Feeds Icon (perhaps only if you have an AVIC Feeds file saved to it), importing settings (again, if you saved them on the card with AVIC Feeds) and for exporting driving records and gas data to the SD card.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.. I should have more clearly deliniated between SD Icon and AVIC Feeds Icon to begin with.

there were a few movies on it, they are all hd quality so i'll probably have to reduce the res. I will also check if it was formated in FAT or NTSC.

Now, what about the bluetooth issue?

Also is there a way to change the splash screen like we could on the z2-3's?

Go into the BT settings and select CONNECTION. Select the phone in the list. It will tell you that it will be disconnected, hit OK, then touch the phone in the list again, it will give you the choice to pair as hands free and audio, select that option. If it doesn't work there is a compatibility issue with your phone. Be aware that compatibility issues with BBs are frequent.

Info on how to change the splash screen is in the manual.