AVIC411.com

Hardwire Not working......HELP

I have done the hardwire as to all the threads have instructed. I moved the mute wire and grounded it. I also grounded the parking break wire. I grounded these together then I was able to ground them to the frame. Here is my issue I have lost some of my functions in Nav, phone functions etc. As soon as I connected the mute wire I lost these functions however the annoying notice that the parking brake lead is not connected properly stopped popping up. So this would tell me that there is a contact to ground. I need some help what have I done wrong or not doing properly.

I have an X710

thanks

Im having the same trouble when doing the mute-pin16/ebrake to ground hack. I have tested end to end with a multimeter and KNOW that i have continuity from the relocated mute wire to ground. Im just as confused as you!! Ive tried to boot an sd with testmode on it and nothing happens.

Im thinking its the firmware. Im running version 3.020100 on an X910bt. What is your firmware version?

Ok we are definately having the same issues. I have tried the reboot with the SD card and get nothing. I have booted up in the blue screen and tried to update wince off the SD card and it will not recognize. I think it is the version we are running the same version. Hopefully someone out there has a solution for this. Kinda annoying at least when i didn't have the mute wire moved i could use all the functions while at a stop!!

Wel first i had the e-brake hooked up to a ground. Without the mute wire being moved and it would only work when the car is stopped like it should. I was gonna do the software bypass but then i had the stereo out the other day so i decided why not just move the wire. So i moved the wire and grounded it. I spliced it to the e-brake wire. So what you guys are thinking is that i may just have the ebrake mounted to a bad ground. I have it mounted to a crew under the dash. Should i just splice it to the black wire in the harness(ground). Would this be better?

My bad. I bought a unit out of the box from future shop. I sat down today and noticed that my wiring harness was not the same that I was seeing in the pictures. My wires were not in the right positions so I took them all out and redid it to the way that the pictures on this forum illustrate. Thing works perfectly now. Thanks for the help guys