AVIC411.com

Sirius sound quality issues

Im running Sirius via SCC1 and CD-SB10 and Im curious why the sound quality blows? I mean it sounds fair, but why in the world does my FM sound way better? Is the Sirius tuner just crap? I bought both brand new on ebay and I'm seriously dissapointed. I wont mention how lousy the Sirius interface looks on the 110 compared to the XM. I went with the Sirius because I've had both before and prefer the programming on Sirius.

So three things...Has anyone else had the same experience with their sound quality sounding a step or two above AM? No CD quality here!

2nd, is there any mod to make the sound better? (I googled that and got a hit on I believe toyota, they have a mod of jumping a couple wires on the harness going into the Sirius tuner due to an impedance flaw??)

And 3rd, do they make a better tuner compatible with the z110 and CD-SD10? or is there anything new coming out soon to improve the sound and interface?

One last thing maybe worth mentioning, On the auction the seller shows the pics and the tuner is in a blister pack that has the writing on it SC-C1, but the tuner I recieved was in a box and the writing says SCC1. I know its minor but Im grasping here...maybe I got an older version? The actual tuners look the same except for the SC-C1 and SCC1 printed on them. :evil: