AVIC411.com

F500BT installation with Mazda Bose

Hi,

I recently purchased an F500BT with ND-G500 amp, and it's suddenly dawned on me that this isn't going to be a simple job!

I've spent the last week looking around the internet and checking out various options, and now I kind of understand what needs to be done, I'm still a bit confused.

Is there anyone out there who has successfully installed an F500BT with ND-G500 into a car with a Bose amplified system, who would be willing to share their configuration?! I like to think I'm a competent person, but just need guidance around particular relays etc. (if required).

I've read about using Parrot kits to reduce the output of the ND-G500 to line-level ready for the Bose amp - will I need to modify the harness in anyway, or can I simply use the ISO connectors on the Parrot kit and leave the connector for the Parrot device unused? Also, do I need to amplify the signal coming from the headunit, as the ND-G500 will be expecting a higher signal than the headunit preamp outputs will be sending?

I also believe there is a problem with sending a mute signal, as the ND-G500 doesn't send an mute signal that can be used with a Bose system...

I have a 2005 Mazda 6 Sport. So far the leads I have looked at include SOT-077 (standard SOT, non Bose), 10-400 & 10-211. I am based in the UK, so I'm not sure if these codes are global, or specific to the UK.

Any help or guidance that anyone can offer would be grately appreciated!

Cheers in advance.

Hi, thanks for the link! I actually came across that during my hours of reading :) Unfortunately the F700/900 are replacement headunits, whereas the F500 is a stand alone system that uses SOT to integrate the Sat Nav/iPOD/Bluetooth with existing stereos. At this stage, the F900 is looking tempting :)

I used AuxMod I purchased while ago. It looks like it's not available. You might be able to get one from Buy&Sell area of mazda6club forum.

Basically, AuxMod let you have 3.5mm aux-in using Tape source. I used it to wire speaker out from F500BT cradle (through ground-loop isolator). It works quite well. I used to have in-line amplifier but I removed it as the maximum on F500BT was just sufficent.

http://www.sylfex.com/products/AuxMod/

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s ... &hl=f500bt