AVIC411.com

How to convert US F700bt to European version...

Hello,

Well I have been frequently visiting this forum for the past 8 months or so hooking up my F700bt and i loved it. However, i just got stationed over here in Germany and i would like to keep the same unit, if at all possible! I upgraded mine to Pioneer 3.02 firmware along w/ Drafita mods and it was working great. Now i see that their is a EU 3.02 firmware out now that was recently released in this past December. How exactly, would i go about doing this "conversion"? Just boot up the EU 3.02 file? Then what about the maps?? I have searched a bit but haven't really found what i have been looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated! My car should arrive from the boat hopefully within the next week and a half, and def. over here i need to have GPS working, these roads are very confusing and can get lost too easily.

Thanks in advance!

:mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

The tuner should still be able to pick up stations, the only difference in the tuner is the increments in the stations. IE .1 increments instead of .3 increments.

Anyways, my Avicf700 is already updated to the 3.02 x series update from pioneer, can I just use the update from the pioneer europe website for the 3.02 update and overwrite it? Then all i would need is the maps to install and then i assume i would need to install a hacked ezrider file for my unit to accept the maps, correct? Well my car should be here this week sometime and i would like to be able to get some maps on there ASAP so i won't get lost anywhere!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Yea the radio works okay, just picks up stations in odd increments ie .1, .3 .5 .7 .9. You can still receive some stations. I was trying to flash over the EU 3.02 software on my US based 700bt but it wouldnt accept the upgrade. Maps work really good, i installed just about all of Europe with the exception of a few countries and i still couldnt fit all 3 maps of France on there! I got One of them and i got West Major roads and East Major roads so i should be good. Im using Draftia mods currently and they work really good. No complaints thus far!

• 1 month later...

i dont if you received my pm so my questions are:

1. do i need igo 8.0 or 8.3 maps for 3.0 software?

2. EZrider and license file. are they diferent all the time? for example i have EZrider for 2009.06 maps, will same file work for 2009.09 maps?

3. i am on official 3.0, so if i understood correctly i can legaly upgrade to 3.02 and then install euro maps with some modifications needed, right?

thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...