AVIC411.com

Is it possible to adjust screen contrast?

I have f500 and x710. My f500 has much better screen contrast thana x710 I just installed. Is there any way to adjust the screen contrast? During the night-time, it's not so bad. But the color looks washed-out during the daytime.

Thanks,

It seems that it's more to do with the viewing angle issue. My F500BT on Mazda6 is located about eye-level (top compartment), and my x710BT on S-Type is located below. I checked x710BT from eye-level and it seems to have better contrast than viewing from the top-down.

Also, I poked around TestMode but couldn't find any settings to adjust the screen other than brightness.

• 3 months later...

Where did you find these brightness settings? I'm having issues w/ my seating position, the angle of my deck and the picture becoming too dark sometimes. I wish someone would write code to add changes like this into the menus.

Where did you find these brightness settings? I'm having issues w/ my seating position, the angle of my deck and the picture becoming too dark sometimes. I wish someone would write code to add changes like this into the menus.

Just hold down the map button and it will bring the brightness control menu. There isn't any contrast configuration.

• 2 weeks later...

I just went and checked, and I've already got that at 10. What about adjustments in testmode that you mentioned earlier? Is the DVD software based off of some version of Windows Media Player? I'd like it even brighter, I find myself sitting upright and resting my arms on the steering wheel in order to be able to see the screen during darker scenes in movies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump. I played around in testmode since I did the FX3.1 upgrade, but I can't see anything that'll let me adjust the brightness on the desktop. I'm guessing this is a coding thing that I have NO clue how to do.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest x5james

I'm 6'4" and my deck is at the same angle as the dash, so I agree it's a viewing angle. I've got another bezel on order that tilts it down more, but there are still certain very dark scenes where I'd like to brighten the image above +10. I'm not necessarily worried about contrast, more brightness than anything. If there is an adjustment for that, it would seem that it can be adjusted even more internally so the limit is higher then it's preset to now.