AVIC411.com

couple noob questions about Avic Feeds and bluetooth audio

Just picked up this unit and still in the process of switching my car from single din to double din so I have really only gotten started on using this but I have a couple of issues im hoping one of the pros here will know answeres real quick.

1) the AVIC FEEDS icon is not lighting up so I can click it. I have the app on my iphone but cant really get anything from the avic feeds working. anyone know why the icon is grey? and can I put a custom background on the unit once I get this working

2) When Im using bluetooth audio is there a way to control the iphone from the deck, like switching songs or playlists? or does it all have to be done through the phone itself? I have the ipod cord on order but its not here yet.

TIA!!!

Just picked up this unit and still in the process of switching my car from single din to double din so I have really only gotten started on using this but I have a couple of issues im hoping one of the pros here will know answeres real quick.

1) the AVIC FEEDS icon is not lighting up so I can click it. I have the app on my iphone but cant really get anything from the avic feeds working. anyone know why the icon is grey? and can I put a custom background on the unit once I get this working

2) When Im using bluetooth audio is there a way to control the iphone from the deck, like switching songs or playlists? or does it all have to be done through the phone itself? I have the ipod cord on order but its not here yet.

TIA!!!

First what model # do you have?

The avic feed on i phone only works for u310bt and the z110bt.

You can load custom backgrounds and splash screens via sd card.

You can only connect the phone part of the i phone via blue tooth, for the audio you will have to connect with the cord and it will bring up all the controls on the screen.

1.The iPhone app and the app on the unit have nothing to do with each other. Details about AVIC FEEDS on the unit are in the manual.

2. You can switch tracks back and forth and play/pause from the unit using BT audio. All other functions will have to be done from the phone.

ok, that kinda sucks but Ill deal with the ipod ppug and just plug my phone in it.

As for the problem with the AVIC FEEDS, I went through my manual and it only talks about it on page 60 and says once an SD card is inserted and then only talks about AVIC FEEDS from a PC standpoint. I just went out and grabbed a 4GB SD card to try it out and it is still gray and cant be selected.

Any help?