AVIC411.com

Help no sound!

well i installed my AVIC 910 BT today every thing seems to turn on fuctions perfectly but there is no sound! im pretty sure i wired up the wireharness correctly. i put rear positive to rear positives and etc. but there is no sound comming out of the speakers at all!!!! BTW i also did the bypass i dont know if that is what is causing it to no make any noise or not i relocated the mute wire and grounded it with the green wire? as shown on the forum but any help would be appreciated! i also did not connect the blue wire on the harness if that matters? did not think it was necessary because it is a power antenna wire

I figured

it out the blue power antenna needed to be attached! Didn't think it was a big deal because i didn't attach it for my uncles car and it worked perfectly fine! Any ways cd player works now and radio but iPod and aux doesn't work...... The iPod connnect and charges and can see it playing on the screen of

the deck but the audio is just not comming out.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Were you able to fix that issue? I have the same exact problem. Audio works for DVD/CD + Radio... but no sound from AUX and iPod (w/ the right USB cable).

I have the same setup in my RX7 and it works great.

Is the guy at the shop correct if he says "No sound from AUX means your headunit might be broken"?

the blue power antenna needed to be attached!

no it doesn't the amp turn on wire needs to be connected

this is because you car has a premium sound system, there is an amplifier in the car outside of the factory radio, that needs to be turned on.

USE THE BLUE/WHITE WIRE INSTEAD OF THE BLUE WIRE

also when trying to solve a problem, we really need to know what kind of vehicle it is (year, make, and model) alwayus give as much info as possible

and this goes to both of you, what kind of cable are you using for you ipod? you can not use a regular USB cable, you must also have composite video RCA's hooked up to deliver the sound (usb = controls, RCA's = sound and video)

if not, there is your problem, RTFM

and you must have the aux turned on in the menu for it to work, have you done this?

I used the iPod i200 pioneer (Full Control) cable for the P4000DVD system in a 2003 350Z.

I have the same system + cable in my RX7 and you don't need any RCA cable. You plug the iPod cable in the rear and you control the iPod on the touchscreen with the sound and image. No other cable or setup required in my RX7.

Anyway, I removed the P4000DVD and installed a P3200BT instead. I will ship back the buggy P4000DVD...

I used the iPod i200 pioneer (Full Control) cable for the P4000DVD system in a 2003 350Z.

I have the same system + cable in my RX7 and you don't need any RCA cable. You plug the iPod cable in the rear and you control the iPod on the touchscreen with the sound and image. No other cable or setup required in my RX7.

i'm sorry, when you said

I have the same setup in my RX7 and it works great.

i thought you meant you had the same receiver the OP had (910), and it does have a cable with RCA's

my bad