AVIC411.com

iPod Not connecting to HU (X910BT)

I’m not sure how many people are having problem with your IPod not connecting to the HU but I was having this problem a lot. My IPod would not connect when I wanted to listen to it; then I would be driving and all of a sudden it connected and changed my source to IPod when I was listening to xmradio. Needless to say it was very annoying! Well I was using the P.I.E. made iPod cable because it was less expensive and it turned out that the cable was the problem. I bought the IPod cable from Pioneer and it works perfect. Before with the P.I.E. made cable wouldn’t even charge my IPod and now with the Pioneer cable it does. I might have gotten a defective P.I.E. made cable but just in case you’re having the same problem as I was, this might a good starting point to trouble shoot the iPod connection issues. I hope this helps some of you out there with the same problem.

• 3 months later...

I have an X910BT installed into an 08 Chevy Suburban. I acquired the vehicle with the HU installed already, so i'm not overly familiar with the unit. I do have a good amount of A/V experience, however I am stumped when I try to connect my Ipod to both the front 3.5mm Aux hookup, and also to the rear A/V input via RCA Y to 3.5mm jack into the ipod. When I hook it up to the front the unit doesn't even recognize anything in the front port, and AUX1 stays inactive on the screen. AV2 becomes active when I hook it up to the pigtail, however no audio of any kind comes through to it. Only problem I can imagine is that the cables aren't pioneer....any other thoughts?

Jason

I have an X910BT installed into an 08 Chevy Suburban. I acquired the vehicle with the HU installed already, so i'm not overly familiar with the unit. I do have a good amount of A/V experience, however I am stumped when I try to connect my Ipod to both the front 3.5mm Aux hookup, and also to the rear A/V input via RCA Y to 3.5mm jack into the ipod. When I hook it up to the front the unit doesn't even recognize anything in the front port, and AUX1 stays inactive on the screen. AV2 becomes active when I hook it up to the pigtail, however no audio of any kind comes through to it. Only problem I can imagine is that the cables aren't pioneer....any other thoughts?

Jason

AV 1, is the rear ipod connector, AV 2 is the front mini plug, AV2 needs to be turned on in the settings for it to work.