AVIC411.com

AVIC-F500BT reinstall

I've searched and found tons of info on this product but no one answer fixes my problem...

I've purchased the AVIC-F500BT used knowing it was not working correctly.

The GPS does not function and if selected freezes unit, And the screen always displays "System startup in progress, Please wait."

Now from what I can tell the previous owner tried to do a 3.0 update, and did not get it working...

I don't have a backup copy of a working install and i'm quiet confidant that I can resolve these issues with a little help.

I've also contacted Pioneer for help, they've emailed me, and i've stated what the problem is and i'm waiting for a response.

I've downloaded the current firmware updates for this unit, and have compared them to the files within the unit, there's a extra folder and few extra files on the unit.

What i'd like to do :

1.) Reinstall the winCE as posted here for a different device. My current version seems to be 5.0

The post in question stated the winCE files were in the firmware, I did not find the files they were mentioning.

If anyone can reply to were I can get the required files to reinstall winCE for this device, i'm sure the installation method would be the same.

2.) Reinstall the "My Flash Disk" DIR with a clean unmodified version.

Since I don't have an unmodified version I was wondering if someone could supply said files, also any other files that I might not know about that require changing too.

I read about a data.zip? If someone could tell me what to look for with this file to see if it needs any changes or if there's just a generic version.

And the licence folder is not were these forums state it is, so i'm going to assume it's lost, I did find one in another folder tried moving it to the proper location and the system would not boot past Pioneer logo.

Are the Licences generic or are they tied to the device serial number?

Maybe a directory tree of an unmodified "My Flash Disk" Dir

It would be great to know which files are generic and which are device specific, if any?

So if anyone has any feed back to how I might down grade my unit or if you can clarify on anything I might not be able to do or just anything I might not be correct on, or a post I might need to read, Your help is greatly appreciated