AVIC411.com

HELP!! Pioneer Avic aftermarket stereo will not turn off!

hi everyone..

not sure if this is in the correct section but did not know what series the avic which i had came under.

i am in a bit ov a problem, i have installed a Pioneer Avic HD1BT into my mk5 using the iso adapters and aerial adapters, i have wired it according to the pioneer manual, everything if working fine apart from the fact i cant turn off the unit :S

the unit is supposed to be controlled by the ignition and should turn off when the ignition is off but it is getting constant power and stays on even after i remove the key..

i searched for a long time bt no solution.. any advice will be appreciated

thanks in advance

thanks for the quick reply, do you mean the radio fuse in the fuse box? would it be easier to wire it to the cigerete lighter as its closer, also do i just cut the red wire labeled ACC and just connect it to any wire connected under the cigerete lighter?

sorry for all the question.. im a newbie :oops:

Let me rehash. You are suppose to hook up the yellow wire to fulltime power and the red to accesory power meaning it only gets power when key is turned on. Under normal circumstances you should have those 2 in the radio harness wires, if for some reason you dont have it, then you could run a wire to the fuse box of the car and look for the radio fuse, or if you cig plug shuts off when you shut the car off then you could tap in to the + wire under the dash that runs to it.