AVIC411.com

Navigation position is off by a few blocks...

Hi all,

Weird issue, the arrow ( my position) is off by a few blocks... It was working perfectly and when I was driving to work this morning it started becoming inaccurate and erratic.

I don't believe I did anything to cause this ( change settings, whatever).

Any clues? Suggestions? Fixes?

As always, thank you all in advance,

Steve

You may have been in a bad sat spot for whatever reason. And It took almost 1000 miles for my unit to finish calibrating properly. If it continues to be a problem after the calibration period, I would consider having the unit checked out or replaced. At this point however, I don't think you should be concerned. Out of curiosity, is the problem while navigating, or just while viewing the map?

Both... I tried it both ways and it was waaaay off.

I'll try it again tonight on my way home from work and see if it works any better.

It was off for all 11 miles of my drive to work this morning.

I've had numerous nav systems in many cars for the last 12 years and this is the first time it's ever acted like this.

Hopefully it was just an abberation and it will all be back to normal and accurate on my drive home.

Steve

• 1 month later...
You can also hit MODIFY CURRENT LOCATION in the NAVI SETTINGS screen to adjust the position of the curser.

I did this and it fixed it! Not sure how it got "off" in the first place...

But, it's fixed!

Steve

Isn't this just temporary to where you have to do this each time you start the unit up?

You can also hit MODIFY CURRENT LOCATION in the NAVI SETTINGS screen to adjust the position of the curser.

I did this and it fixed it! Not sure how it got "off" in the first place...

But, it's fixed!

Steve

Isn't this just temporary to where you have to do this each time you start the unit up?

Nope, fixed it for good...

But, it sure is screwy when it comes to routing. I am not sure what the software people were thinking!

I do love the unit for everything BUT navigation! If I am going to a place where I haven't been before, I will use the Tom Tom app in my iPhone. It is truly a more sophisticated piece of software when it comes to routing you efficiently.

I hope there is some sort of update to this (firmware or whatever) as it truly sucks!

Steve

I have used this unit to its full potential and it has never let me down. Even though it may lack some common features that would make it a little easier to use, it does navigate very well. As well as any other unit I have used.

I have used this unit to its full potential and it has never let me down. Even though it may lack some common features that would make it a little easier to use, it does navigate very well. As well as any other unit I have used.

I have not found this to be the case. The unit is TOTALLY screwy in the way it wants to route me! I do not believe I am the only person who feels this way. This is a well documented problem with the 110BT.

Sometimes I am just floored at how bad a job it does in routing.

Is there some firmware update coming in the near future? Will it be done through the SD card?

Thanks,

Steve

In my area it never failed or routed me in a strange way. I have seen about three people report similar issues but the majority of people on this forum don't seem to have this problem. I think this issue may just be region specific. Of course that doesn't help you any. As far as a firmware update to address this issue, probably not. Issues like this are possible in every navi on the market and usually indicates map errors in the software. All navis contain map errors. There is the Z120BT upgrade coming soon but there doesn't appear to be any change in the map software.

In my area it never failed or routed me in a strange way. I have seen about three people report similar issues but the majority of people on this forum don't seem to have this problem. I think this issue may just be region specific. Of course that doesn't help you any. As far as a firmware update to address this issue, probably not. Issues like this are possible in every navi on the market and usually indicates map errors in the software. All navis contain map errors. There is the Z120BT upgrade coming soon but there doesn't appear to be any change in the map software.

So, why in the same areas and regions, does the Tom Tom app in my iPhone do such a better job of routing then?

Just askin'

Steve

PS: on this forum, many people have stated their disatisfaction of the routing on the 110BT.

PSS: they did fix many issues that I had with my Z3.