AVIC411.com

AVH-P4200DVD info

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have one in my subaru WRX STi. I am really happy with it, I paid around 375 on amazon for it, the price seems to fluctuate a lot. There are some youtube video demos/reviews of it, I recommend watching those. The album art is super chunky and low rez if you hook an iphone to it, an ipod works fine, not sure why? Other than this, no complaints. Oh, the relay bypass was super easy, there is a youtube on that also.

I also have the 4200DVD and its a nice headunit. I got a couple of modules hooked up to it, like XM, HD radio, and Bluetooth.

The CD-BTB200 bluetooth however kind of sucks on it. Why? Well I have an iPhone and I can't seem to upload my contacts or info on it. Don't think it has a dial pad feature on it to dial numbers out as well.

The BTB200 does support being able to pull the contact info to any phone that only allows that ability to transfer contacts. This wont work with any phone that cant send the contacts to the module from the phone.

The BTB200 does support being able to pull the contact info to any phone that only allows that ability to transfer contacts. This wont work with any phone that cant send the contacts to the module from the phone.

Well i have an iphone 3gs and I just can't get the phone contacts to show on my head unit. I don't know if its because the 4200DVD doesn't support it or what not.

The BTB200 should support it since it shows that feature on the manual. I'm thinking maybe the 4200 is the one that doesn't, or it could be that I don't know how to do it. I don't see any soft button for to transfer the contacts when I connect the iphone to it.

Yes the units with built in BT use a better BT chip set that is fully compatible with most phones. Including the iPhone. I have to say it is laughable that Pioneer would offer this 3+ year old adapter on new 2010 units when it only supports minimal BT capabilities with todays phones. They are going to have a lot of pissed off people with iPhones and other smart phones that wont fully work with this adapter.