AVIC411.com

Avic power off\on

Hi I have a question that might seem stupid, but im givin git a try anyways.

Ive got my F700BT in a seat ibiza.. Now when i set my car key into accessory mode the avic starts, then when powering the engine the avic reboots. When going from running engine to acc mode, the avic shuts down.

Now this has been annoying me for quite a while, so i tried all sort of things like rewiring changing cabels etc etc..

But... I noticed then when performing my FW upgrade in WIn CE mode, there was a short delay in the avic shutdown and engine poweroff. So i figured it mihgt be possible to do something with the software to keep it alive until i press a soft or hardware button to power it off.

Or am i all wrong and is there no shouts thing as a avic that keeps itself powered on ?

thanks.

You are not the first to notice that, but nobody has ever found a way to hack that deep into the SW to be able to use that .

What works for me is a CAP which buffers up to 10 Secs, so cranking is no problem anymore.

There are several other threads talking about this problem and developing different workarounds such as Batteries and Caps.

Just browse the forum a bit

Jörg

• 2 weeks later...