AVIC411.com

Making the switch from F700BT

Hey guys,

I have gone from the D3 to the F700BT and now strongly concidering getting the Z110BT. There are some conerns while following this forum i want to resolve before I fork over the $1k.

The ipod connection problem (where ipod doesn't always connect, have to replug in) with the F700 is this consistent with the Z110BT?

Would the PAC steering wheel remote and ipod cable work from my F700BT or would i need those too.

When trying to listen to bluetooth audio on the display model in the Z110BT it wouldnt connect properly. Is there some magic way? (It did bluetooth handsfree calling perfectly) (Iphone 3G)

What does the little V icon mean on the right side of the screen. Is there a bluetooth incidicator as well (Like the LED light on the F700BT.

Also i havent found a definite answer but the Z120 BT (update) is going to include the pandora interface for iphone?

I already noticed the insane speed improvement and i love it. The autosyncing phonebook rocks too (caller ID Perfect)

Would it be a plug and play from the F700 like the D3 was (Same wiring harness with the exception of the bypass)

Is the bluetooth quality that terrible when talking on the phone? The F700 is only OK but i've read that the Z110BT is worse. Is this consistent or with only some users?

If you have gone from the F700BT to the Z110BT what are your comments complaints concerns?

Thank you in advance for responding!

Some may have experienced this but it has not been reported here as a problem.

You will need a different iPod cable. The PAC module you have now will work but it wont support VR. The SWI-PS v1.6.8 is what you will need if you want to trigger VR from your steering wheel.

BT streaming works well with the iPhone 3G on this unit so I don't know what problem you were having. One word of caution however. The 3G BT streaming is not perfect. You will likely get skipping in the audio do to the processor of the phone not being fast enough to handle the bandwidth.

It means the VR is connected but the indicator is false. The symbol will show right away but VR takes about 30 seconds to fully boot. If you hit the VR button too soon it will fail and will require a reboot of the unit to get it to work properly. There is a BT symbol that displays above the VR symbol.

There has been no official word from Pioneer yet. Sources we have however say yes.

Yes for power, GPS antenna, mic, no for RCA harness.

BT worked great for me and many others on here. However that always seems to be exclusive to each user.

The Z is an excellent unit but I have recently switched back to the X910BT. You view mine and others comments on this reason on the Z120BT and X920BT owners manuals leaked thread. Search the forum for details.

Thanks for responding. My car doesnt have a VR button on the steering wheel to begin with....unless through the PAC you can somehow set like the mode button to be VR? doubtful...

I really do like the Z...i'll keep my eyes out and ill check out the 920 as well.