AVIC411.com

Whats your favorite movie issue/Willing to Pay

Hoping to get some advice on how to reset my AVIC-D3. About 2 days ago my sirius radio stopped playing, I spoke with Sirius technical support and nothing we tried worked. They suggested resitting my system, which I did. Now I have a message asking for my favorite movie, I don't remember ever setting a password for this.

The company that originally installed it, has gone out of business. Best Buy had no answers...I even unhooked my car battery hoping that would reset the unit. I only have one favorite movie and it does not accept it.

I have no idea what to do, the thought of buying a replacement is insane. This unit is registered/legit...I have my model number/serial.

If anyone could help I would be very grateful.....

Brand new doesn't mean that is wasn't sold to someone before you and returned. It happens every day with retail. There is no known work around. Sorry. You may be able to call Pioneer and explain the situation and that you can show you bought the item new. However, no D3's are under warranty any longer so you are probably out of luck.

Unless you just want a newer unit and this is the perfect excuse to get one, it will be cheaper to pay the 200 and have your unit reset. And last I heard it was 200. It may be less then that now. I would give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. They are certain to not do it for free, but it may be less then 200.