AVIC411.com

X910BT vs Z110BT

I am a newbie, in the market for a DVD/navigation unit for my 09 RAV4 without JBL.

I think I have narrowed it to down X910BT or Z110BT. I was wanting to know the opinion of members of this great board as to which way I need to go. What extras do I get in the Z110Bt as compared to 910Bt for the additional 300 bucks.

All there any issues with either of them which should have me looking at kenwood etc?

where can I find a good deal.

Jay

X910BT can be moded up the ying yang it looks like. Only for the navi tho. If you are into that kind of stuff you might want to look it over. The Z110BT will give you dual zone video, better preuts (2.2 vs 4 v), much quicker turn on, voice control, and a bigger screen (5.8 vs 7 inch) that can be angled while the X910BT offers none of those things. I actually don't think there is any option that the X910BT gives you over the Z110BT but people on here have said the X910BT has a better navi interface but I am not sure if that is only after you hack it. For me it was an easy choice of the Z110BT as I have never had a nav before and the extra options (especially voice control) was worth the extra costs. As for where to buy I suggest getting cartoys to do a price match with 6Ave. Electronics via Amazon.com pricing. I am getting mine (in transit) for $979.99 with a $200 mail in rebate from Pioneer. As for going Kenwood, I would only do that if you HAVE to have Garmin nav. The GUI blows to say the least. I went from having a DDX814 last year. I never could get that to sound right and the GUI made it unbareable to operate for me in the end. I grew sick of the sluggish IPod interface due to the clumsy GUI and the irritatiing album art loading delay.

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't decide between the z110 and x910 and finally pulled the trigger an hour ago online on the x910. I picked the x910 because it was a lot cheaper. Also the x910 has builtin msn direct where the z110 module costs like $100. MSN direct does end 2012 though so that's not a biggie. The z110 has a2dp bluetooth and loads faster. I looked at kenwood but the UI is junk and ipod interface is apparently super slow. They have garmin which is kinda cool but after dealing with garmin's customer support (>30 min wait at all times) I'm going to stay away.

The x910 doesn't do dual zone video?? I thought it has a video out just like the z110. I wanted to be able to play movies off the ipod to some rear screen. Can anyone confirm this?