AVIC411.com

Steering wheel remote - intermitantly works/stops working

Has anyone had their steering wheel remote work intermitantly? I got my Z1 installed today and started using the remote. It seems to work for 10 or 15 clicks and then, the Z1 ignores it for a while. It starts working again after a couple of minutes. Its is VERY strange behavior.

I'de appreciate knowing any basic info on the remote too - like, is it an infra red transmit, radio transmit? or ??? Also, what is the model number for the "regular" remote? My unit did not come with any remote and if the steering wheel unit keeps acting up I gotta figure out what else to try.

thanks

joe

Thanks for the links. I had done a search on "remote" and "remote problems" but too many unrelated messages came up and i never saw those.

As for the problems I'm having, they're not sunlight related - I was testing it at night and holding the steering wheel remote right in front of the unit (not attached to the steering wheel) so there was direct line of sight. So .... other insights ? The unit worked, then stopped, then worked then stopped etc. I was using the volume control figuring that was a simple signal that would work in most circumstances on the Z1. Could be a bad unit I suppose. I guess the only way to test that woudl be to try another.

Thanks,

joe