AVIC411.com

Just looking for a push in the right direction

Hey Everyone,

So the other day my Avic-700bt decided to die on me after working fine for well over a year. I seem to be having the same problem alot of people are having, which is very conforting considering I dont want to send the damn thing to Pioneer, plus my warrarnty is up. Anyways, the problem that I am is when I turn my car on, the menu/map/knob all light up right away. However the screen stays black (no splash screen). The fan does turn on. After about 10 seconds, everything just shuts off. I do believe the fan does stay on tho. If I hit the reset button it just does the same thing. Now I want to make sure people are clear that my screen does not do anything. No splash screen, just blackness. This happened a few days ago, so I have been spending alot of time on this beautiful website, reading up on other peoples problems. And basically I think I can fix this thing. All I need is little push in the right direction. Bascially what I think I need to do is upgrade to 3.0 by going into test mode yada yada yada. And this should fix all my problems. Correct? Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks guys.