AVIC411.com

Avic D1 - Bypass issue

Hello, I hope someone could help me out with this..

I've read up on many forums on how to bypass my AVIC D1,

So what I did was I took out the pin wire A.ANT lead (Auto-Antenna) that I was not using and I put it under the ground (Black) wire, I've also noticed that the Harness has 2 Black Wires (Grounds) so I then looped the new Pin wire from the empty slot to the ground and then I grounded the Parking Brake wire (Green) ..

So I test everything go for a drive, everything works great, I then shut the car off, Following day Start the car the Avic Searches for GPS Mapping, and poof I get the Evil Screen, "The parking break is not connected properly please refer to the manual". Great !!! :evil:

What did I do wrong?

Oh I plugged the wires to the Radio Ground? Is this correct or do they have to be independent to its own Ground on the chassy of the vehicle?

Please help I've tried doing this like 4 times already!!

Thanks

Davo

• 4 months later...

if the unit stops after a certain speed, then it is due to the right pin not "seeing ground" (this pin is where you are supposed to move the mute wire or a-ant wire to)

you may have put the wire into the wrong spot or it is not all the way in or it is does not have a good connection to ground