AVIC411.com

Installed avic z110bt Hissing sound at any volume

I just had a 120 installed in a 2010 Nissan xterra that had the Rockford fosgate system - installer used a wiring harness to connect to the factory amp. It works but ut also has a hiss (not rpm related) coming from the speakers, like the system is overdriven - I can even hear slight electronic chirps when a press certain hard or soft buttons.

It didn't occur to me until reading this thread that by using a wiring harness, he his basically amplifying an already amplified signal (the speakers outs from the 120. This can't be good or optimal.

So do I need a new amp, or is there something he can stick between the 120 and the rockford fosgate amp to lower the output to avoid overdrive. The system is too loud at low volumes, and the volume ramp seems very coarse from step to step.

Thanks

I had the exact same issue in my 370Z. I had the Bose sound package in it and when I upgraded the stereo to the Z120BT I would get the loud hissing sound even when the stereo was off. I also noticed that even when the volume was at level 7 it was incredibly loud. What the installer told me was that the stereo was over driving Bose amp which was causing the issue. In order to remedy this they just used a different wiring harness, one which RCA outputs (the original one they used didn't have one). Once that was installed the hissing was gone and I had a finer control on volume (rather than having the music incredibly loud at level 7 it was now around the level 22-23 mark).

I spoke with my installer today - actually a really nice guy - but it appears try did use a speaker wire harness to the Rockford amp as opposed to the one that utilizes rca pre-outs... I hope to get it back to him tomorrow or Wednesday to get the issue corrected.