AVIC411.com

Integrate with factory amplifier

I have 2009 Honda Civic si with premium audio system. Can I integrate the X910 into the factory amplifier or do I have to purchase an aftermaket amp?

You can go with an amp bypass harness or without. Its up to you. Either way will work.

• 2 weeks later...

i personally believe that it is better to use a factory amp than bypassing MOST OF THE TIME.

**DISCLAIMER**

as every car and system is designed differently, this may not be the best solution for every application.

external factory amps usually have more power than an internal aftermarket amp, and most cars that have them usually have more than 4 channels (which is all that the AVIC has internally)

• 3 months later...
Thanks for your reply,

I would love to use the factory amp. It is a premium sound system with subwoofer. I guess iam wondering if cutting and splicing is necessary for me to be able to utilize the factory amp.

Depending on what outputs on the AVIC you use, and what inputs the factory system can accept, you may need to go with one of the many line level converters to get an acceptable sound quality.

I'm not saying it will be perfect, it does add some decrease in quality, but to some it's acceptable.