AVIC411.com

AVIC-X910bt issues solved!!!

I installed the AVIC-x910bt this past weekend and it went flawless so it seemed.

I installed the unit in a 2003 infiniti g35 coupe with the metra double din dash kit. I used the steering controls and the ipod cable interface as well.

When I first hoked up the iphone it connected just fine, that was of course when the care was on ACC power and not actually having the ignition on and the car running. Oh, hooked up the back up camera as well.

This is what was going on. During boot the screen would display the warning screen about the backup camera and I would have to keep pushing the map button to finally get it to finish the boot. When I plugged in my iphone the system would constantly reset until I unplugged my iphone, all other functions work fine.

Solution to backup camera causing the system to freeze on the warning screen. When I hooked up the Nav-unit sensing wire to the TCM computer, this as it turns out was a negative output wire & I had to set the camera in settings to negative instead of Battery. The only way to get the system to boot correctly was to turn off the camera. So I re-routed the backup sensing wire from the Nav-unit to the back up light wiring instead of the TCM and changed the camera setting to battery instead of negative. The back up light is a positive output and now the problem is solved. Camera works fine and now the system boots correctly.

Ok, now for the iphone. It turns out that during my install after I finally got the system in and hooked up the battery to test it, I didn't unhook the battery while I was putting the car back together. This drained the battery to only 12.5 volts. You would think that this should be fine for this Nav-unit, but wouldn't you know it's not. I charged the battery and tested again and my iphone is still causing constant rebooting. So I went on the interstate about 80mph and them plugged in the iphone as a hunch. Wala it works fine no other issues. So my solution was to replace the battery which is putting out almost 14volts while the care is running. Iphone working fine now, this unit is very sensitive low voltages and can cause numerous issues.

Next I plan to install an amp capacitor inline with the batter to keep the voltage from dropping down below 14volts at all. The capacitor is the same kind for installing at the positive input of your very high powered amp to keep your lights form dimming.

This should stop the problem in case in the future I leave my lights on for a while or don't get the door shut all the way.

Just thought you would like to hear a success story for once.

Chow

Dwass