AVIC411.com

Can not enter testmode. F900bt

Had version 2.06 on my unit. Started my car one morning and 10 seconds of splash screen and then blackscreen and buttons illumination went off. Started looking around and decided to try getting into testmode. Formatted 2 gb sd card into fat32 and put the new 2.3 testmode folder on it. Popped it in and nothing happened. hmmm ok. Then decided to redo the winceimg files in the service menu. That went fine. Testmode attempt #2.. no dice. hmmm

I have since tried every version of testmode and the winceimg files I could find. tried the official 2.06 firmware upgrade from pioneer's site. I even went through the process of completely dissasembling the unit and putting it back together. Tried with hardware bypass and without hardware bypass. can access the service menu all day long and still nothing.

Im now resinged to the possibility that my nand flash is bad and thats why testmode wont work but I have not seen anyone post anything to specifically confirm or deny this. I will just by another unit off of ebay as ive spent too much money in accessories for this unit to try another brand.

But if someone has an idea out there that I haven't tried, im greatful for the help. Also, ive seen some ads on ebay for repair services for like 99$. anyone know if these are any good?