AVIC411.com

RCA Re-grounding required and HUMmmm.. on turn off.

Hi guys,

Upgrading my D3 for a Z110BT soon, but I'd like to sell my old unit first.

Oddness that I had with this last install that I didn't have on my other vehicle:

1) I get alternator noise regardless unless I re-ground the RCAs, after that, no problem. I don't have a second amp to check with, but even the HU is grounded to the same position (hunting this and other issues brought me to doing a re-ground with distribution). That leads me to believe that something went wrong internally along the ways.

Any idea if this will affect the powered outs, and/or how much it would cost to have an authorized center fix?

2) It's a strange thing, but when I turn off the car, I get a faint low-tone, then fades out (under 1 second) --- I'm wondering if this is something to do with my car's OE stereo having a 'cool fadeout' effect on turn-off. Anyone else experienced this? Would running a new 12V connection to the deck fix it? Being that the Z110BT is newer, I would imagine that pioneer has taken this into consideration by now if this is the case.

Any constructive help would greatly be appreciated!

• 10 months later...