AVIC411.com

F900BT 'System Starting, Please Wait'. Reboot Loop

Hi Guys;

I recently upgraded my firmware from 2.0 to 2.9 without any issues; however i was surfing the forums and found that the firmware for the F910BT will work with the F900BTand confirmed this with Pioneer Australia.

So i upgraded to 3.0 and that’s when i have had nothing but troubles.

The system will start-up - i get the normal 'system starting, please wait' message and then after about 3 minutes, it reboots in this cycle.

So i tried to revert back to my backup (v2.0) via testmode - same reboot loop. Tried to upgrade from my backup to 2.9 - which did not downgrade the 3.0 firmware WINCE version. Same reboot loop.

So i think the problem lies within the WINCE version from firmware 3.0.

I have tried to remove the gps data files - no resolution.

I can't for the life of me enter into the service menu as describe in this forum.

Can anyone help out? I have searched heaps for a solution; however can't find one - that's the reason for a new post.

I'm getting an identical issue - wish I'd read your post before attempting the 3.0 upgrade myself.

I'm in a slightly worse position than you though as I don't have a working 2.0 backup. Would it be possible to get a copy of your backup somehow?

I'm working on this as well so I'll let you know if I make any progress. As far as I can tell the issue is caused by a corrupt file on MyFlashDisk.

I've tried 2 things so far:

1. Running the update manually from TestMode - does nothing as the update will not run.

2. Deleted all contents from MyFlashDisk and rebooted - now I just get the "Pioneer" screen and it will not move beyond that.

Tonight I will try the method listed here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25424

and here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=27155

If that doesn't work I will restore the failed 3.0 update and go through the files one-by-one to try and locate/remote the corrupt file.

My story so far:

1. Running V2 firmware + R15 sensis maps with no issues.

2. Decided to update to V3 firmware.

3. Downloaded the 3.02 update from here: http://www.pioneer.com.au/Help%20Centre ... mware.aspx

4. Didn't know how to install it properly so went into test-mode and

copied over the contents of "My Flash Disk" with the contents of the "LPUE080" folder from the update.

5. Rebooted - System appeared to start normally but the "System Starting, Please wait" message doesn't go away and after 3 minutes the unit reboots. Within the 3 minutes I am able to see under settings that the firmware is now 3.02xxx

6. Read that rebooting can be caused by corrupt files on the flash disk I went into test mode (now using 2.3 test mode) and deleted gpsxxxx.dat files from "My Flash Disk" as suggested in the thread.

7. No change, still get the reboot after 3mins.

8. Thought other files might be corrupt - deleted entire contents of "My Flash Disk" and rebooted

9. Unit now gets to the black Pioneer screen but does not get any further (does not reboot either).

10. Located original contents of "My Flash Disk" from my initial backup (V2 or Pre V2). Copied that over the empty "My Flash Disk" on the unit.

11. Unit now boots up to main menu, but still reboots after 3 minutes.

12. Followed the instructions here, which would have installed on-top of the V2 "My Flash Disk": http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=330

13. Install completed successfully and as described. Unit rebooted and went to main menue and displayed the "System Starting, please wait" message, but rebooted after 10 seconds. On second boot, the unit displayed a screen like the CD/DVD loading screen with "Rom" and apicture of a disk in the top left corner, and "Map" in the bottom right - reboots after 10secs.

Unit is now in the state described above, in a 10second reboot loop sometimes making it to the menu and other times showing the disk screen. I feel like I'm running out of options a bit so would appreciate any suggestions. I can still get into TestMode.

14. Copied back "Myflash Disk" backup from after the 3.0 update to the AVIC. System now works normally, but displays the original "System Starting" message and reboots after 3 mins. This confirms that the contents of the "My Flash Disk" is the problem.

15. Ran the update mentioned in my previous post to perform the maps update again. The update completed correctly but still get the "System Starting" message and reboot after 3mins.

16. Went in to "Settings" then pressed the button second from the right at the bottom which presented a menu saying "Restore Factory settings" and "Delete user data"

17. Pressed "Delete user data" and the "System Starting..." message went away immediately.

*********************My guess is that it is this step that fixed the problem****************

18. Pressed "Restore factory settings" - Unit rebooted then started up saying "Version 2.0a with Sensis R15 Maps and SUNA traffic".

Unit is now working perfectly and has been downgraded to V2 firmware and the original version of maps.

I will have another attempt at updating to 3.0 firmware and R17 maps tomorrow, now I'm fairly confident I can recover.

For anyone who didn't read the entire last 2 posts:

SOLUTION: Select "Delete User data" from the Settings > Restore Defaults menu. This should remove the "System starting" message and stop the unit rebooting every 3 minutes.

• 5 months later...

Im having the same problem now after hours and hours of playing around with my bricked unit I have finally got it working but with the starting up message being displayed for a few minutes then the system reboots! I tried to delet the userdata through the headunit but the button just makes noise and doesnt do anything, so im assuming that it does not have anything to delete. I can go into test mode and delete that folder, but I think that makes my system just hang on the pioneer screen..

Did you manage to fix this anyone else?

Im having the same problem now after hours and hours of playing around with my bricked unit I have finally got it working but with the starting up message being displayed for a few minutes then the system reboots! I tried to delet the userdata through the headunit but the button just makes noise and doesnt do anything, so im assuming that it does not have anything to delete. I can go into test mode and delete that folder, but I think that makes my system just hang on the pioneer screen..

Did you manage to fix this anyone else?

^^^

I'm having the same problem as well, if anyone knows how to fix this. i would greatly appreciate it.

Have you tried the FX3.1 upgrade?

same as me...

I have tried various methods..

After trying to load the EZrider file in testmode, i get the error LoadLanguage failed!

I tried swapping the ez file with others and still no luck..

Deleted the userdata and the scheme folders and still the same thing...

Anyone else have anymore ideas?

I believe it may be because the file I extracted the rars from the topic 'avic f900_700 ver_3.000300 **EU** download **EU**' and the rar files come up with a corrupt error even after using the mothods they say. If i try and simply update the wince files from the official pioneer site, then copy and paste all the files over, the screen just hangs in the PIONEER splash screen...

The avic f900_700 ver_3.000300 **EU** download **EU** download is the only firmware I can seem to get working..

I dont want to mod the headunit particularly, just want it working! I can add the maps and play at a later date once I have a working backup to play with...

Many thanks,

Will