AVIC411.com

Install help into a 06 Trailblazer SS

I just picked up a Z110BT and all the interfaces for steering wheel controls, door chimes etc and staring at the seemingly ridiculous amount of wiring I'll have to be doing is a little bit intimidating since its A. a car I LOVE and B. Not a cheap headunit to screw up and have to replace. If anyone has a little experience installing all the interfaces or can let me know of anything that I'll need to do before I get to it to make things go smoother I'd love to hear it. I've got plenty of experience installing stereos and wiring on vehicles but I'm a bit out of practice and I don't want to screw anything up. Any help would be appreciated.

The illumination wire instructions are incorrect If you install it as instructed it will remain on daytime at all times. You can tie into the rear wiper switch (Brown with white stripe) and hook that up to the illumination wire. That will correct the problem. I have had much success using the following website:

http://ss-shootout.com/tunes/index.html

The following picture is stolen from there and shows the rear wiper tie in point.

3431.jpg

Also the dash kit is horrible and will require quite a bit of trimming/hacking in order to make things fit properly and allow the unit to open.