AVIC411.com

Alright, so I just got my D3 eight days ago off of craigslist. Spent a bunch of time trying to find harnesses for the D3 and my car (so i didn't have to cut into the stock harness). Had to modify the D3 harness because it didn't have the VSS, reverse or hand brake connections. Got the harnesses taken care of, soldered all the connections between the two harnesses and shrink tubed them.

Finally got to install the thing yesterday and as luck would have it, no sound for anything. Navi works fine, ipod is recognized, DVDs play...but all with no sound what so ever. The only things I don't have connected are the VSS and reverse because I'm still trying to figure out where to connect them to the car, but I'm sure neither of them would cause no sound.

Now for the car. I have a '91 Mazda RX7. I have no amps or any of that junk to impede function, I'm just running four pioneer speakers, nothin' fancy.

So far I've tried fiddling with all the screens I could to try to see if some option was keeping it from playing, took the unit out and took a 12v source and ground to the harness at all the speakers and popped them to make sure all the connections were solid, and I've trolled every forum I could find on the issue to try to figure it out.

So, does anyone have any inclination as to what my issue could be? Might it be a broken unit? Or did I just do something horribly wrong?

• 2 months later...