AVIC411.com

Non-Playable Video Files

I have read several posts on this forum and on the internet that I've found regarding videos files that sometimes play and sometimes won't play on my Avic f90bt. I've tried multiple conversion programs that reduce the resolution to match, or decrease the file size, but there are still some movies that I can't get to play no matter what I try.

My question is if there's a way for me to compare the movies that do work to the ones that don't and try to figure out what the difference is. I'm assuming it has to do with the codec version it needs, or the way it was compressed because all of the movies I play are in divx (avi) format. There must be something different between them or how they were created that is causing the issue.

Let me know what you think. I tried converting the problem movies using Magic Video Converter thinking the re-conversion would take care of it, but it still seems like something else is determining if the video plays or if it generates the non-playable file error.

TIA,

Techdoge

The best video I have found is to use DIVX converter 7.0 and I put them on like a DVD-R disc, quickest load up and you can fit quite a lot of music videos on one disc. I don't remember the amount but with 4 gb of space it does mean over 30 plus videos on there I believe. If you use the DIVX Pro 7 it will convert them and burn them to the disc all in one program very simple to use, and best for batch converts for me. Good Luck.

So you've had good luck with DVD-R versus DVD+R's? I've been using DVD+R's and maybe that's part of the problem. I will check out that other program for conversion, but let me know about the minus R, plus R thing.

Thanks in advance,

Techdoge

If I remember right I used DVD+R, but I think it is more important to use a good DIVX program. Reading the manual on the deck it is good with DIVX movies, so that is why I used DIVX Pro 7 to create my video discs. It does play full screen as long as the original video is the right resolution.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got an F90BT as well, and since this stereo is basically a mini Windows machine, why can't we just load codecs and drivers onto it like a PC and have it run anything we want, avoiding this whole conversion process? I'm using an 8GB SD card and it'll either show the movies fine, sometimes choppy or some w/ no sound. It's getting old having to jump through all the loophole this stereo requires just to play a movie properly.

It really isn't that hard if you use DIVX pro 7, it does everything for u, convert, and burn if you want to burn to disc. Any converting takes time. If I were you, make sure you get the videos file in a really good format or even straight from the original disc. Like I said before, time is your enemy, video editing is a pain. But if you have some patience, it actually is pretty easy to get the video you want. In the instructions for the deck, it says DIVX format, so I think that is the easiest to use instead of playing roulette with all the other codecs that are out there.

• 1 month later...
Guest x5james

I realize that, but I was wondering if we could just add codecs to the WinCE OS and possibly save sometime by not having to convert everything over. I've put videos onto my SD card that played the video perfectly fine, but nothing for sound. Just like I've installed the KLite Codec pack on my PC's, I wonder why we can put codecs directly onto the AVIC for the same reasons.