AVIC411.com

Sirius crashes - Video attached - Help!

I've had my unit since October and everything has been working great. It is installed in a 2007 Edge.

About 2 weeks ago I was changing channels like I always do from my steering wheel controls. I usually hold down the seek button until get where I need to be. When I do this about every other time the unit will either;

shut off (screen blank, OFF at top of screen)

say "Connecting"

say "No Device"

Once this happens the screen will eventually come back to the Sirius menu, however you cannot get sound unless you cycle the sources. In other words, it might flash for a second, say "Connecting" or "No Device" and then go back to the screen but there will be no audio unless I cycle through. NOTE: This ONLY happens when I am changing stations. It never randomly restarts.

I've attached a video to try and show you whats going on. I had this installed at a stereo shop but they only did labor, I provided the parts. Which part do you think is the culprit? Since I will have to pay them to go back in and get whatever is bad, out of there. Or, maybe its something I could easily fix? loose wire somewhere?

Thanks for the advice!

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like this is the head unit is deffective as per Pioneer tech as result that I called and said the same problem the said that the IP bus had still the bug that sometimes when you connect two unit I.E. sirius ,HD tuner the IP bus goes crazy and the you loose the icon if you cameback to the set up.....

Trying to reset the unit by pressing at the same time the mode+arrow left after the pioneer picture appear for two second the unit have the ability to be reset if not then you need to bring it in as they said it take 2 weeks before they resend it back to you..

I don't know if there is a way to to fix the bug..... as I see the system runs to automotive window, People out there any idea?.... :roll: