AVIC411.com

two (2) Pionner AVIC-D2 Problems

Problem 1: (Yaqub's tC)

So I finally got my D2 installed but its been picking up interference. They thought it was the ground but when regrounded, it still pick up a lot of interference. Whenever I'm driving, the speakers produce a "fuzz" like sound that goes along with the engine sound, possibly alternator sounds (which is what I've been told). Three people have told me that it may be the wiring or the amp to power the components. Two other people have said that it s the headunit. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggesstion on what to do?

Problem 2: (Yusuf's tC)

I was driving to pick up my friend and my navigation was working perfectly. I left his house and got home and everything was fine. We were all leaving to go to Hooters to watch the football game this sunday and the navigation was acting.....different. My symbol that designated where I am has done a complete 90 degree turn and the map has also done the same thing. Whenever I type to return home, it prompts me to go the opposite direction. Any ideas on how to fix this idea?

Note: Both are completely brand new headunits, only 2 or 3 days old.

The fuzzy sound coming through your speakers could be many different things. I had an AVIC-N3 with the same problem. To trace the sound back to the source i eliminated options. First i replaced the deck with a basic single din pioneer. It worked fine for a few minitues which eliminated a power or ground interference issue. Then suddenly the noise came back. This means that one or more of the amps had gone bad. DO NOT buy a new head unit and then replace the amp because depending on the problem (like the one i had) the amps will cause permanant damage to the head unit and even after you replace the the amp the deck will still make the same noise. you must replace your amps first and possibly your RCA cables too. Then replace the deck and everything should work properly. And before you try all that, take it somewhere and have them troubleshoot it for you. If it is just engine noise then put filters on all your RCA's and re-ground every negative wire that is connected to your stereo stystem in any way. just troubleshoot and youll figure it out. Good luck.

Problem #2 could be the compass setting . Touching the compass (red arrow ) on bottom right of screen changes the map display from (north up) to (heading up). With north up selected the symbol would be facing down when your traveling south , like you are holding a paper map in front of you . With heading up the display always shows the vehicle's direction as going toward the top of the screen.