AVIC411.com

iPhone - reconnect b/t phone calls and bluetooth audio?

Just got the Z110bt installed and have it paired up with my iPhone 3GS. It pairs up fine and allows me to make a phone call. When I switch over to use it for bluetooth audio, it says that the audio device is not connected. I hit the "Connect" button and it tells me to initiate from the phone - meaning I have to go back through the settings on the iPhone to reconnect to the navigation system.

Please tell me I'm doing something wrong and this isn't par for the course?

Any help would be appreciated as I switch between to the two uses (calls and BT audio) frequently. I did a search and came up with nothing.

Thank you

Make sure you have audio streaming turned on in the BT settings of the phone. Go to the 110 profile listed on the phone under BT settings and hit the blue arrow to the right. Also make sure that BT streaming is selected on the unit. Do the same by selecting the phone profile under BT settings on the unit. You may have to re-pair the phone to the unit if it is not.

Make sure you have audio streaming turned on in the BT settings of the phone. Go to the 110 profile listed on the phone under BT settings and hit the blue arrow to the right. Also make sure that BT streaming is selected on the unit. Do the same by selecting the phone profile under BT settings on the unit. You may have to re-pair the phone to the unit if it is not.

So it sounds like it's a pairing/setup issue, not a limitation of the unit. If that's the case, then I should be able to sort it out.

Thanks!

Yes, iPhone 3G/3GS do work for both A2DP and handsfree so its not a phone limitation.

so just to close the loop on this, I went back out to the car and did some testing. In the bluetooth settings, after pairing, you can click on the registration button (I think) to assign the device as handsfree, audio, or both.

When you click on both, the headunit registers that it has added the audio device - not both - but the audio streaming and phone work - Let's see if it sticks.

Thanks again for the help.