AVIC411.com

deh 9800 bt

i'm new here and i would just like to know if anyone here is familiar with the deh 9800 bt. i have a couple of problems with mine and i would greately appreciate some help.

the unit refused to learn my new phone a verizon treo 700p. my avic z one loves it and works great with it but my 9800 never connected to it since day one.. if anyone knows a solution to this please let me know. thank you.

johnny em camvett97@yahoo.com

That's funny you should mention that. I have the Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT which is basically the same as yours except for some better audio features. I can't get it to automatically connect to my Motorola E815. I can connect it manually every time but even if I choose "connect automatically" it still won't connect. My Z1 finds it every time within a minute. I even went as far as deleting the Z1 profile from my phone but it still couldn't find the 980BT. It's also important to note that if I turn on the 980BT, go into my phone's BT settings and hit "find me, " the 980BT will connect to it which leads me to believe that my phone is at fault. What I don't understand is why my phone doesn't have this problem with the Z1. I'm not sure if you have already tried it but set your phone's "find me" and then try the "search" on the 9800. If you connect, it's very likely that you are having the same problem as me which is a somewhat imcompatible phone.

EDIT: After doing some research, it seems that others are sharing my problem about having to manually connect everytime. All have one thing in common, VERIZON! All you have to do now is see if your phone will connect after trying the "search" on your phone and 9800BT at the same time. By the way, I researched it here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LkFref9tatj/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?I=130DEHP980&tab=review#Tab

I wish that i have that same problem.. i had that problem with my verizon treo 650 , but it worked and i could talk on my phone via my deck and i could also stream audio to it using blue tooth audio. ofcource i had to buy some software for my phone but it was all good.. it worked. but when i borke my phone and got a new one from the insurance . they sent me a 700p which ofcource never connected. no matter what i tried it just doens't connect. both units will find each other but won't succesfully connect.. i called pioneer and they said tough luck.. i 've never loved anything more that pioneer but i m very dissapointed at the way i was treated. i think if they really want they can fix their software and make it more compatible and offer the software on a disc for sale. Sony's deck worked and connects by its self with in 5 seconds. every time. but i won't buy that piece of crap with my worst enemy's money..