AVIC411.com

wiring diagram/display reading "off"

I recently had to rewire my system trying to eliminate some engine noise and I am having issues rewiring. Is there a wiring diagram somewhere I can look at? Can't find one anywhere...

The problem I am having is the display will activate but when I turn the ignition off and on, the display will just read off and none of the buttons will function. Has anyone seen this or know of a solution?

Well, I answered my own question in part because I found a manual which gives you some installation instructions here: http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/130/130AVICD3.PDF but I still have not found out why the display is locking up.

I have the bypass set up by grounding the mute and parking brake wire. I am leaning toward a grounding issue but still not sure why the display is reading "off" and buttons will not function.

• 2 months later...

Hi! I have not the same but similar problem. I dont knowis there something wrong with the wiring or what.

Issues:

Everytime I turn ignition on (unit starts up automatically) , first display shows "please insert appropriate disc" , then I switch it to AV Menu and it seems that internat memory has been reset - no backgrounds or radio presets

When I changed the wiring and connected yellow and red wires together to give the unit constant 12V ignoring power on ignition, when turning the unit off it still displays "off" on the screen...so actually dont know how to turn it off really :)

Any suggestions?