AVIC411.com

All kinds of issues after D3 install

Ok first of all, I am a Pioneer dealer and have been for 13 years. That being said, I am fuzzed by these issues. Did the bypass and it worked...sorda, no audio other than when you touch the navi buttons. It was stuck on mute for some reason. I clipped the y/b wire and I got the audio back but then the navi buttons went away. Rebooted everything, no buttons...touched the y/b wire to ground and they appeared. Went for a drive and the map is way off...like 90 degrees off. Showed we were dog tracking down the road. Customer bought the unit used and had me install it...with a non pioneer gps antenna. I tried moving the antenna around, but it still did the same thing. Any one else have this problem? Thanks

It can take the unit a little while to "learn" the area or what not so that can be normal. With that being said , if you don't use the specified GPS antenna I don't know if the results will be correct or not. I would see if it corrects itself and if it does not then try using the correct antenna.