AVIC411.com

AXXESS ASWC and X920BT HEADS UP

Does the Axxess work for VR on the unit?

I do not have it set up for this, but I work for an install company and they have setup VR for other customers using this unit. The first generation ran older firmware which wouldn't support this feature, while the newer firmware does. I'll confirm tomorrow for you tho.

You have the PAC modules? Do they connect to each other through a simple double sided minijack connection? Or is there circuitry attached to the other end of the miniplug joiner?

So the Axxess does now work for VR on these unit? I have never been able to get anyone to confirm that. And yes, the PAC SWI-PS plugs into the WRI-P and simply passes through the WRI-P to the unit. It is a simple 1/8 " connection with no circuitry.

So the Axxess does now work for VR on these unit? I have never been able to get anyone to confirm that. And yes, the PAC SWI-PS plugs into the WRI-P and simply passes through the WRI-P to the unit. It is a simple 1/8 " connection with no circuitry.

The last firmware came out late last year. You have to manually update the firmware to support bluetooth and VR. I don't personally do the installs, so I will check with him tomorrow and perhaps test it later in the week.

Just to confirm, from the SWI-PS a 1/8 connection runs to the WRI-P with no additional connections between these two units? This would mean that the signal from the SWI-PS is readable by the deck, and gets sent to the SWI-P and the SWI-P simple piggy backs this signal to the deck, along with it's own signal from the IR if used.

In theory, the signal from the Axxess unit has to be the same as the SWI-PS, as the deck can only read a certain signal to imitate the steering wheel commands, therefore the output from both modules is the same and the input into the SWI-PS would also be the same from both units, and should be sent in the same manner.

Sound legit?

Xico

That is correct.

Guess I'll go order the module, a couple remotes and pray to baby jesus that my logic is sound.

I'll post the info from my installer on here tomorrow, and will update later this week with my own testing of this theory, and the VR programming.

• 4 weeks later...

You cant do both on the Pioneer head units unless you have physical buttons for both. If track up is programed you get seek up for the radio sources. If preset up is programed for the radio sources you get no track up for iPod/CD/DVD sources. The limitation is with the unit.

You cant do both on the Pioneer head units unless you have physical buttons for both. If track up is programed you get seek up for the radio sources. If preset up is programed for the radio sources you get no track up for iPod/CD/DVD sources. The limitation is with the unit.

that is so dumb... doubt Pioneer will fix this either

• 1 year later...