AVIC411.com

Voice Recognition on the avic-N1

Guest anthony

when you buy the voice pack, its basiclaly a mic that connects to the plug in the back of the unit. it also comes with the steering wheel control.. I find myself using that control a lot.
you can control track skip, am/fm station skip or preset skip, volume up&down.
voice recognition is also helpful when you have addresses saved up, like when you want to drive to a spot on your address from wherever you are, you press the voice button on the steering wheel control, then say that saved address, it'll auto config the route.
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Can I just plug a microphone into the mic jack on the back of the N1 or does it require more than that? Is there something special about the included remote that makes it work?

Voice recognition would be nice, but I don't really want to spend another $70 on it, I'd rather get a backup camera (which I also can't afford right now).

I'm moving my N1 into my "new" Honda Pilot, so I thought I might take one of the microphones I have laying around and wire it in if it would work, as long as I'm installing it anyway.