AVIC411.com

Help with Avic D3 SET UP (2005 Audi A4)

Ok so I'm transferring universities and going home for the summer so I'm taking all my stuff with me and driving across the country..from Arizona to New Jersey to be exact. I decided there is no way I'm making that trip without my system, DVD video, or GPS. I'm hauling a trailer this time so there's no way I can speed through the country at 120mph like the first time I did the trip in my old 01 Celica ( :( RIP!) Looking for a smooth relaxing ride.. maybe watch a couple movies, and enjoy some tunes 8) . I bought the D3 last semester to upgrade from the D1 that had been in the Celica.. and like alot of rookie Avic buyers.. I bought it off Ebay looking for a great price and ended up with a working D3 but NO Wires, Nav dics, etc. :shock: I did some shopping and I think I got all but a few things.. please let me know if I'm missing anything and if you have any tips..

What I have:

- Double Din Installation Kit - (Its an ABS plastic kit.. Do I need to buy the kit on the Pioneer Website too?)

- Power Supply Wire

- 70-1721 (Wiring Harness)

- 40-VW53 (Audi Antenna Cable)

- 70-1787 (Bose Amp Integration Wires)

- Rockford Fosgate System with subs, amp,capacitor, and wires

What I already have lined up to get:

- GPS cable

- Ipod Cable

What I need:

- BOTH NAVIGATION DISCS! this seems to be the one that's giving me problem. Ive popped up several disc codes including {CNDV-70M, CNDV-90MT, CPJ1184, and P-CPJ1182}... which ones will work? and which is the most recent updated disc that'll work with the D3.. I see some posts about burning the nav discs.. how do I do that?

ByPass:

Ground the mute wire in in the hole above its original place.. and ground the parking brake wire.. anything else?

I'm looking to have DVD, GPS, and Ipod working smoothly.. I just need all parts necessary and I got to do the Bypass.. since I'm taking all the parts to Best Buy so they can hook up everything with my Rockford Fosgate subs..

Summary:

BYPASS.. how to?

Where can I get the Nav Discs?

Am I missing anything?

Any tips to avoid problems?

• 4 months later...

Ok so I'm transferring universities and going home for the summer so I'm taking all my stuff with me and driving across the country..from Arizona to New Jersey to be exact. I decided there is no way I'm making that trip without my system, DVD video, or GPS. I'm hauling a trailer this time so there's no way I can speed through the country at 120mph like the first time I did the trip in my old 01 Celica ( :( RIP!) Looking for a smooth relaxing ride.. maybe watch a couple movies, and enjoy some tunes 8) . I bought the D3 last semester to upgrade from the D1 that had been in the Celica.. and like alot of rookie Avic buyers.. I bought it off Ebay looking for a great price and ended up with a working D3 but NO Wires, Nav dics, etc. :shock: I did some shopping and I think I got all but a few things.. please let me know if I'm missing anything and if you have any tips..

What I have:

- Double Din Installation Kit - (Its an ABS plastic kit.. Do I need to buy the kit on the Pioneer Website too?)

- Power Supply Wire

- 70-1721 (Wiring Harness)

- 40-VW53 (Audi Antenna Cable)

- 70-1787 (Bose Amp Integration Wires)

- Rockford Fosgate System with subs, amp,capacitor, and wires

What I already have lined up to get:

- GPS cable

- Ipod Cable

What I need:

- BOTH NAVIGATION DISCS! this seems to be the one that's giving me problem. Ive popped up several disc codes including {CNDV-70M, CNDV-90MT, CPJ1184, and P-CPJ1182}... which ones will work? and which is the most recent updated disc that'll work with the D3.. I see some posts about burning the nav discs.. how do I do that?

ByPass:

Ground the mute wire in in the hole above its original place.. and ground the parking brake wire.. anything else?

I'm looking to have DVD, GPS, and Ipod working smoothly.. I just need all parts necessary and I got to do the Bypass.. since I'm taking all the parts to Best Buy so they can hook up everything with my Rockford Fosgate subs..

Summary:

BYPASS.. how to?

Where can I get the Nav Discs?

Am I missing anything?

Any tips to avoid problems?

I had a D3 in a 2008 Audi A4. Here's what I remember using:

- AVIC D3 & its OEM GPS Antenna

- CD-BTB200 Bluetooth & its OEM Microphone

- Metra Double-Din kit for A4 (stripped out the center divider)

- CAN45PIO harness adaptor

- Soundgate CANPULSE4 to get the speed pulse off the CAN bus into the AVIC and do some steering wheel control inputs

- Needed a Fakra antenna adaptor of some kind (Audi AM/FM antenna inputs often don't conform to factory and don't do the correct "Y" split for the Pioneer) the forums have a ton of posts about this in an Audi

- Copies of the 2008, 2009, and 2010 D3 Nav software and disks are all over eBay for $15-$100. Most are pirate copies but they work fine.

- Instructions for your install are all over this forum, so I'm sure you'll find what you need

- Also, here's a link for somebody who did a similar install:

http://www.audiforum.ca/general-d-i-y-do-yourself/1107-audi-d-i-y-a4-pioneer.html