AVIC411.com

Camera wired up wrong? Working in reverse but not split???

I have the pioneer backup cam ND BC1 and it works in reverse like it's supposed to. However when I put the split screen with map/cam it's just a black screen. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. The cam is on and I have tried both polarities in the hopes that it would come on.

I searched this forum for an answer and came up with nada. I have heard from several people that the cam should work in this mode and regular reverse. I'm not sure if the cam does not support this feature (since it is the oldest of the cams) I have tried wiring it to the ACC and it works then but I would need to add a switch or something for it to come on in reverse. At present it's wired to the cam wire and in turn wired to my tail lights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If the cam picture is working fine when u put it reverse, but not working when in split view mode.. The it means u have the camera wired to be turned on only when u have the car in reverse.

U don't need any switch. The Avic has the reverse gear wire.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys...I know this is an old topic, but I'm having the same problem. I had it installed at my local shop in NJ and I'm not good at wiring things. I just need the right terminology to relay to the install shop.

Any advise would help me when I speak to the installer so I don't sound like a jackass.

It's a z-130. Thanks in advance.

J.D.

• 4 weeks later...