AVIC411.com

F900BT ebrake bypass question

If you install the ebrake bypass can you watch dvds while driving? Can you change gps options while driving? I heard that these features still get blocked out even if you bypass the ebrake thing. Can anyone chime in and let me know? About to purchase one used that has this feature.

Yes, you can, to both questions.

If they didn't work after bypassing, what would be the point of the bypass?

Thanks for the quick response. I am not sure. My friend has the same unit and he said he didn't do it to his because of this reason. Also said there was a bunch of "ok" screens you have to go through when starting the unit up.

Thanks again, when he told me this it turned me off to the idea of buying it but now I am back in the game. Not so much for the dvd player that'll probably never even get used but mostly because of the gps thing.!

sound like your friend doesn't fully understand how the bypass works, it doesn't add any OK screens to the start up, there is an ok screen at the beginning of using the gps whether it is bypassed or not, and there might be one to watch a video, which would be the same if it wasn't bypassed, just you can now do the stuff while moving

please make sure that you fully under stand the bypass instructions, its very easy but for some reason some people just cant help but mess it up, there is only three steps, move the mute wire, ground the mute wire, and ground the p-brake wire, all three need to be done, and done right, and you will be happy

Yeah, it is really easy. I didn't understand how easy it was before I installed the deck, but then when I went back and read it all it was almost too easy. I even did the bypass with the deck in the car. Well dangling in the car. Just make sure the wires are snug. I accidently loosened the power wire and had to pull the deck out a second time after I did the bypass. But now it works great.