AVIC411.com

F700bt Will it play IPOD over Usb?

I am a new Avic F700bt owner and just got my system installed and updated the firmware successfully to 3.1

I was surprised to find that the unit won't play IPOD music. Does it require a special cable? It displays the track info, the artist, album cover, everything. Just NO AUDIO.

I was under the impression that it could play via the USB cable and that the only special cable needed would be if you wanted to play video over it.

Appreciate any help!

B.

Make sure u have the AV1 setting to Ipod.

Thanks!. I do have AV1 set to IPOD, however it did not resolve the issue. Still no audio. I'm using the standard white USB cable that comes with the Ipod Touch. Is that cable sufficient? or do I have to buy the pioneer A/V Ipod cable?

Thank you!. It's so weird that when you plug the Ipod into that USB cable the Source lights up IPOD and you get EVERYTHING but the audio. I had no idea it required a special cable. Doh!.

Well thanks again folks for explaining that to me!. Most appreciated

Thank you!. It's so weird that when you plug the Ipod into that USB cable the Source lights up IPOD and you get EVERYTHING but the audio. I had no idea it required a special cable. Doh!.

I hate to say it, but this is all in the manuals, and they are able to be downloaded from Pioneer

I hate to say it, but this is all in the manuals, and they are able to be downloaded from Pioneer

Yeah I saw that and must have interpreted it the cables were needed if I wanted to do the Video only.

Thanks!