AVIC411.com

F90BT paired with Samsung Moment, but no mic

So after waiting what seemed like 10 minutes for my phones contacts list to sync onto my F90BT, I got my first call and they couldn't hear a word I was saying :( I use a bluetooth regularily with my phone, so I know it's not BT issue with the phone itself. I can make calls, hear them talking, called ID shows up on the screen, but they can't hear a word I'm saying. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I even remember having the GF sitting in the car while I called her, having her move the mic around inside the cab into various areas till I got a perfect sound. I just did the FX3.1 update, and even though it has nothing to do with BT, I'll have to try again. I don't think I've ever used voice command once.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest x5james

Re-paired my Moment to the AVIC today, but I have yet to try and see if the calls work correctly or not. I forgot how to sync my phonebook to the stereo, but I'll figure that out afterwards to see if the BT works properly yet. If not, would reinstalling the BT software be a waste of time, or what is the most recent updated BT version out now?

Guest x5james

I'll try that when I head out tonight. My PB sync'ed before, I just had an issue with BT where I could head people talk but they couldn't hear me. My normal in-ear BT works, so it's not an issue with my phone.

I'm having a very similar problem.

I just installed a pioneeer mic last night and paired my phone.

I can make and recieve calls, but the other person can't hear a word I'm saying. I also paired my wifes phone, who uses a BT earpiece with no problems.

I have never used the mic before, obviously, so I'm not very familiar with how it works.

I updated teh VR catalog and it said success, but still nothing. Is there an option to turn on the VR?

I am running the 3.020100 firmware.

Can someone help troubleshoot this? I'm out of ideas.

I checked the mic connection and it feels firmly in there and no visible damage to the connection.

It is a brand new pioneer mic.

please help.

Guest x5james

I still havent had an success either. The stereo recognizes my Treo 755P, but i have yet to see if that has mic problems as well. If two phones fail, is there a way to flatten and reload the stereo like a computer and give everything a clean start?

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing happens with my iPhone 3GS. Worked fine for a few weeks when I first installed it, then no MIC. Do you have HD Radio tuner? I don't remember exactly when it happened (don't use phone in the car much), but I installed the HD tuner a couple of weeks after I first installed the head unit. I wonder if there is some connection. When it's not so hot, I guess I'll get back in the dash and try disconnecting it.

• 2 weeks later...

hi glad i'm not the only one having the same problem !!, i now have 3 different phones paired to head unit , all the same problem ,no mic , i can here them perfectly but they can't hear me .

i have had a few issues with the HU and all turned out to be user error !, i was hoping this was the case , however it looks like a common problem ? , i have an htc t pro 2 , htc legend , mda vario 2 all paired , 2 are mine and one is the wifes phone ,it happens with them all so i'm kinda thinking its an issue with th HU ?? , i have done a firmware update but i cant remember if i had the issue before the update as it came in a new vehicle to me .

is it worthwhile doing another update if possible as another member has checked the mic for bad connections ??.

can someone please help as this is very frustrating everytime the phone rings :oops: , regards ,Mark aka ozzymondo.