AVIC411.com

Avic D3, Second BU Camera...How?

My D3 has served me well. I have had a Boyo VTL300 on the back of my truck for sometime now with no issues.

I'll be getting a 35' travel trailer and I'd like to mount a second BU camera on the back of the trailer.

Can anyone tell me if I hook the 2nd camera up to the unused other video inputs if it will/can work for the second camera if I hit the different input button on the D3? Problem I'm thinking it will always default to the reverse camera on the back of my truck when in reverse and won't allow me to pull up the other input...right?

My other thought is to get some type of video switch, maybe something like a toggle and simply switch the video input to the trailer camera since I won't be using the rear truck one while the trailer is hooked up anyway.

But, do I simply hook up the new camera exactly as the original one and tap the same wires.?

If the video splitter is the way to go can anyone recommend an inexpensive small one that I could easily switch under the dash or something?

The boyo sales manager told me the camera I'm looking at the boyo VTB100 comes with only 22' of wire but he said I'd have no issue extending it with a longer RCA and longer power and ground wires....Could the length cause any issues...

I need to rig it so all I'd have to do is unplug it at the hitch and it would be could do go...maybe a few quick connects..?

I'm wondering if I'd lose lots of clarity or something.

• 4 weeks later...