AVIC411.com

Z120bt advice

Thanks in part to this active forum it helped me decide on a pioneer instead of kenwood or alpine.

I was set on the kenwood 6960 until i saw the user interface. Also the alpine, fonts look they are from my commodore 64. Pioneer 920bt looks slick but I've decided to go with the z120bt for the tilting, screensize and amp Volt outs.

My question is about the accessories, I want to make sure I'm getting the right things for a 2005 Toyota Sequoia.

So far I have on the list:

SIRIUS SCC1

Pioneer CD-SB10 (why are both are necessary for sirius?)

Pioneer ND-BC4 (is this the best camera for the unit?)

07-09 TOYOTA DIGITAL AMP TURN ON INTERFACE (for interface with JBL)

PAC SWI-PS - Steering wheel control adapter

Do I need the Ipod cable? If so what is the model #? Can I use USB sticks with music? Or, advisable to use ipod instead?

That is a lot of accessories. This is going to be a big investment. I'd be very happy to hear from anyone else who has a setup like this.

Last question is about back seat. I was thinking about getting an Alpine Dvd player PKG-RSE2. I saw it in person and it seems plastiky to me, and has no USB connectivity. I hate burning DVDs in general.

I heard that the Z120 is dual zone. How realistic would it be, to get a monitor in the back instead of the Alpine unit, and be able to nav with the Z120, while playing video over the monitor in the back? Would this be cheaper than getting the Alpine? (OR, could I hook the Alpine up to the Z120 rather than using the internal DVD player of that unit?) Any advice on the best option for rear-seat would be great.

Thanks for any help and/or advice

sincerely-

dakotah

SIRIUS SCC1

Pioneer CD-SB10 (why are both are necessary for sirius?)

Both items are required. The interface is lacking though. XM is much better and only requires one tuner.

Pioneer ND-BC4 (is this the best camera for the unit?)

Certainly a good camera but a little too expensive. You can get equally as good cameras with BOYO.

PAC SWI-PS - Steering wheel control adapter

Be sure to get version 1.6.8

Do I need the Ipod cable? If so what is the model #? Can I use USB sticks with music? Or, advisable to use ipod instead?

Yes. CD-IU50V is required for iPod. USB sticks can be used for music but video sucks.