AVIC411.com

2 Problems with Avic-D1

I installed a used avic-d1 in my lincoln mark viii and when i put in the nav discs it says please install the appropriate disc. I tried the West disc and it worked the first time. Then after turning the car off and back on the west disc gave me the same message. i can never get the east disc to work, the west disc will work sometimes, but hardly ever. I called pioneer and they said maybe updated discs were used but found it wierd that the west disc would sometimes work. Anyway i tried to follow the instructions to revert back to original discs but at the last step when it says to put in the nav disc and it will prompt you to choose a drive, that doesnt come up at all. and it says to push the green button at the bottom center of the screen, well there is no button.

Would anyone have any ideas of whats going on here, if i'm having a problem with the discs or is my unit messed.

The other problem is when i turn off my car and the unit turns off, i hear scratching from the speakers a couple times, it's pretty anyoing.. the sound is fine when its on and running. but only sometimes when it powers up and shuts down, i hear scratching from the speakers.

Any help would be great, thanks,

Justin