AVIC411.com

Incorrect voltage displayed - 256 volts!

Just last night my D2 started acting up. It had been working fine, then all of a sudden I noticed the map stop tracking. I went to the hardware status display, and all sorts of errors were showing up which I had not seen before.

1) In the voltage display, it was saying 256 volts. This is obviously incorrect, but why on Earth is it saying that? I tried pushing the reset button, and turning the car off and back on, but that didn't fix it.

2) It seems to be cycling between excessive vibration and incorrect installation angle errors. It even does this when the truck is off and I'm just sitting there running on battery. The installation angle *may* be a tiny bit less than 0 degrees vertical (maybe -1 or -2 degrees), but I don't think there's much I can do about that. The dash is just angled that way. As far as vibration, that's obviously wrong since it says that when I'm not even moving.

Anyone this sort of a problem? It's a real problem, since navigation halts when these errors start occuring.

It's a 1999 Tacoma pickup. The connections to the harness adapter are all very solid using insulated snap connectors. The headunit audio section continues to work fine despite the strange voltage reading, and the XM unit works fine as well. Even the nav potion works fine except when it randomly decides the angle is wrong or there is too much vibration. Very strange. I guess I could take the dash back off and go through all the wiring...

sorry but it still could be your connections..... 'snap' connectors <> good connection.... use, at the very least, but-connectors.... or, better yet solder and heat-shrink.... your anomalies *could* be caused by intermitent connections goofing up the CPU.

I would go with the obvious first