AVIC411.com

i recently updated my iphone to ios4 but now my z110 wont allow me to control my ipod from the navi screen itself, only from my iphone. has anybody had thos problem/ any idea how to fix it?! when i switch to the navi controls it would first freeze. i'd hit the play/pause button and it would pause. so id hit it again and it still wouldnt play. i don't know what to do or if its the ipod cable itself. i dont think so bc i can still play music as long as i control it from my iphone. help/suggestions/ ideas??????

I had my z110bt installed on saturday and I upgraded to OS 4.0 for my iphone last week. I had no problems playing video or audio and using the controls on the AVIC to do it.

Until last night when I added additional songs to my iphone, now I have the same problem, I can see every song and every video but when I select one I get the blue spinning arrows for about 1-2 seconds and then it goes back to the menu.

I'm gonna try wiping all my audio and video and trying it again.

Also, I've noticed another problem with OS 4, I can't use the AVIC feeds, it will sit there loading until the phone locks (5mins) and I've let it go up to 15mins before I lost patience and cancelled it. This problem is related to the new GPS features of the iphone OS 4.0. Any app I run that want to "use your current location" will lock up after it aquires my GPS location.

Not sure about how to fix it yet but I will be extensively testing it out and since I have multiple iphones OS 3 and 4, I'll narrow the problems down and see if I can't either get a fix or find a good work around until APPLE comes out with an update.

This problem is related to the new GPS features of the iphone OS 4.0.

The problem is do to Feeds not being compatible with iOS4 yet.

I am not aware that anyone else is having this problem. I have seen the maps app work just fine with a 3GS running iOS4.

The problem is do to Feeds not being compatible with iOS4 yet.

I am not aware that anyone else is having this problem. I have seen the maps app work just fine with a 3GS running iOS4.

To answer OP (first), turn off your ipod and restart it, I did that to my iphone and BOOM everything started working again.

VBLUE42: not sure, I use the google map app with a 3gs running 4.0 with no problem, also I have a iPhone 4.0 and no problem, however the AVIC Feeds do not work and the above GPS issues are a intermittent, depending on the APP.

For example: foxnews app will work perfectly until I click on weather and it ask to use my current location, once I close the foxnews app it will never work again (until I delete it and reinstall it). Also the AVIC Feeds never seem to work, they worked fine on 3GS but when I went to 4.0 the AVIC Feeds won't open.

I would love to test this out, are you running 4.0 OS? if so can you install FOXNEWS and open/close it a few times, then set the weather to current location, close it and see if it opens. Also has anyone gotten the AVIC Feeds to work with OS 4.0?

hey thanx everyone. imma try using the apple usb cable. but it comes and goes. what i usually do is switch it from navi to ipod control and then switch it back. that solves it....sometimes. hopefully powering the phone down isn the only option. that would be so annoying. hope this is sorted out soon!