AVIC411.com

Hands free for idiots

I have read through every page of the owners manual looking for this. I also searched here and came up dry. I almost feel like an idiot for asking but here goes.

If I am in a hands free call, how do I get it back to just the phone? For example I was held hostage by my F900 today for 20 min finishing up a call because I have no clue how to get it back to the phone so I could get out of the truck. This also made me think if I was to recieve a call while in the car but wanted to keep it private from other passengers should I just answer the phone by using the phone?

I have read through every page of the owners manual looking for this. I also searched here and came up dry. I almost feel like an idiot for asking but here goes.

If I am in a hands free call, how do I get it back to just the phone? For example I was held hostage by my F900 today for 20 min finishing up a call because I have no clue how to get it back to the phone so I could get out of the truck. This also made me think if I was to recieve a call while in the car but wanted to keep it private from other passengers should I just answer the phone by using the phone?

You're not finding it in the Pioneer manual because it's a function of your phone, that's the manual you need to be looking at.

with my blackberry, all you have to do is hit the menu button and select activate handset while in a call(you cant just choose to answer the phone from the phone, you had to start the call first or answer an incoming call). my nextel was pretty much the exactly the same way

I was held hostage by my F900 today for 20 min finishing up a call because I have no clue how to get it back to the phone so I could get out of the truck.

First of all this question makes no sense to me. Just grab the phone and get out! :shock:

This also made me think if I was to recieve a call while in the car but wanted to keep it private from other passengers should I just answer the phone by using the phone?

This will need to be done from the phone. There is no way to switch outputs from the unit.

I was held hostage by my F900 today for 20 min finishing up a call because I have no clue how to get it back to the phone so I could get out of the truck.

First of all this question makes no sense to me. Just grab the phone and get out! :shock:

Well I was thinking that if I shut the truck off it would end the call. Doesvit make sense now lol.

I got it figured out over the weekend. There is an options button on the screen when you are in a call. If the phone is paired with a Bluetooth device an extra option shows to switch to handset. I guess the problem was I was looking for the button while the phone was not paired to the radio so the option to switch to handset was not there.

Well I was thinking that if I shut the truck off it would end the call

yup, it will.

Actually for the iphone shutting off the car transfers the audio back to the phone from the AVIC.

It does for blackberries too.. Without knowing what kind of phone the OP has, since he didn't mention it, we don't know what it would do for him..

It does for blackberries too.. Without knowing what kind of phone the OP has, since he didn't mention it, we don't know what it would do for him..

it ends the call every time with all the BB's ive owned, 9530, 9630, and my girlfriends 8530, hell it even ended the call with both of my nextel's

Actually for the iphone shutting off the car transfers the audio back to the phone from the AVIC.

gotcha, i just figured since it ended the call with every phone ive used, thats just how it was supposed to be.