AVIC411.com

Speedcam problem research

This basic research is for the Modders or anyone who understands the software proccessing.

so... IDT, DIAFTIA, STAN, ABB, GURJON, others..... please give your take

I went to specific LAt/Lon coordinates for "red light" "speed" and "mobile" camera's. I physically drove through these 3 speedcams several times and got consistent warnings of course.

I took the Speedcam spud file from my avic, converted to text, and opened in Excel. I changed the speed in all 3 cases to 35(mph?). Converted back to spud, copied back to avic.

The speeds at each of the 3 showed my change to 35mph in the red "warning box" pop up, BUT, when I accessed the dialogue box to change the speedcam parameters, none showed the speed as 35mph. One even showed 71mph.... wtf. the warning pop-up and change dialog box do not match....

QUESTION. why did the warning pop reflect my speed change to 35, but the actual "change dialog" show a different speed. this has to be linked to our speedcam issues.......

example..... "SPEED CAMERA - SPEED LIMIT UNKNOWN" when you see the speed right in the warning pop-up

OR.... sometimes failure to give verbal warning etc...

I have done everything including reformating and reinstalling 3.0 from scratch over the last year... deleted history numerous times..tried various MOD's(currently IDT skin#1 V4.9)... the problems with speedcam are the same no matter. I have no issues with understanding and following MOD install instructionss

modder comments ? ? ? others?